Drug substance process development
Please contact us using this website inquiry form if you have any requests or questions concerning drug substance process development.
Click on each item below for more details.
Develop API manufacturing process and the quality design from “zero-level”, considering customer’s development stage, based on the know-how that leading Japanese pharmaceutical company has fostered.
- World-top-level technologies and rich experiences on asymmetric synthesis; particularly, asymmetric metal-catalyzed reaction.
- Synthetic technologies and the experiences to apply various/diversified reactions for API process R&D to the
- Scale-up simulation technologies with various R&D experiences for the unit operation (e.g. reaction, concentration, crystallization, filtration, desiccation and grinding).
- High-level process control technologies including highly-sensitive analytical methods and structure determination of API related substances.
- Process optimizations based on the statistical design of experiment (DoE).
- Flow chemistry technologies with various equipment from small-scale to kg-scale for dealing with various reactions.
- We perform drug substance coformer (second component) screening to select the solid form to become a development candidate, through formation of an appropriate salt, co-crystal or crystal form, to improve the drug substance properties (solubility, hygroscopicity, stability, formulation properties, etc.).
Correspond flexibly to the needs of API manufacturing.
- Establish and provide a supply chain of API manufacturing which is appropriate to each goal using networks with reliable partner CMO flexibly.
- Conduct manufacturing–non-GMP or GMP–aiming to scale-up confirmation study using in-house facilities.
Support precisely regulatory filing for clinical studies and commercial application.
- Conduct API process R&D, and propose the development plan with a balance between speed, economy and quality, by considering regulatory requirements on each development stage from the early-stage, based on our rich experiences on IND/NDA/MAA application.
- Provide our capability to construct an API process control strategy (e.g. impurity controls including potential mutagenic impurities and designation of regulatory starting material).
- Propose an optimal regulatory filing strategy based on the rich experiences.
- Support regulatory filing, obtaining data required for the application, preparing the documents and
corresponding to the inquiries from health authorities.
Technologies and Achievements
Go here for details on our technologies and achievements.